Today Today Today Today

Today was christian club.

Brian taught, in my opinion, he was so/so. Just Kidding. Anyway, he taught on the cross and what image comes to mind when you see the cross. His main point was that Jesus loved us so much that he died for us. I know, preaching to the choir. At the end he had questions, and me being the handsome man that I am, I led one of the groups in discussion. The first question was a reiteration of the lessons main point. Uh, uh, oh yeah. Second question was

"What is your status with God? Are you adding to his suffering by turning down his most generous offer to pay for your cimes? Or are you more like the guy in court that Jesus is talking to?"

This is where my story begins. Many of the self-proclaiming christians said (I don't know if they were being fake with their answers) they felt that they were right in the middle. Immediately the Spirit reminded me of Revelation 3:15-16 which says

(15) "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! (16) So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."

I told them to think, are you for God or not? You can't give God "part of the pie" you have to give Him "the whole pie"

At the bottom of the page of questions there was a suggestion to the leaders of the groups to witness if they felt the Spirit leading them to do so.

So I did.

To make a long story short, There was one kid, Josh, who felt convicted. He had never heard the parts of Matthew 5 that talk about murder and adultery associated with hate and lust. With this new knowledge of his previous murders, and now knowing he was lukewarm before God, he became afraid.

In fact, after about an hour, school had ended and he called me up saying, "BJ! Just the guy I wanted to talk to!" (I had Brian's cell phone) He wanted me to clarify the crimes against him in the court of heaven... he he... So I told him that I'd have a discussion with him tomorrow, explaining the things he needed to know, although I may not know everything.

Please pray that God will give me wisdom in telling him exactly what he needs to hear.

No comments: