now hiring: disciples of Christ (qualification #1)



the first Commandment says that we have to love God over all other gods. that we should have no other gods before Him. so many times we hear people say... " God is first in my life. He's number one!! then comes my kids, then my wife, then my church, then my......" and so on.

God doesn't want to be the first choice, He wants to be the ONLY choice. He wants to be the WHOLE list.

what if a husband were to gather a few women he found attractive and brought them to his wife, we'll call then susan and jane, and said to her, "wife, i love you with all my heart. you're my everything, my number one desire and love. but i just wanted to tell you that if something happens to you, susan here pulls a very close second to you and our love, and well, if something happens to her then jane here wouldn't be so bad either as a nice third. but please don't forget honey, how much i LOVE YOU."

what do you think that wife would have done or said? i know that if my soon to be husband were to tell me that i can assure you i would have killed him then moved on to those two women. i am a jealous wife because i love my husband and he is the ONLY person i want to love and be loved by. in this same respect God is a jealous God and He also demands the same devoted love from us. it is not unfair what God asks of us just as it is not unfair to expect the same love from a spouse. to love my husband i have to give up ALL other men. i have to completely love him all the time and be only devoted to him. it wouldn't be a healthy marriage if i didn't.

to love God we have to give up ALL other desires. we have to completely love Him all the time and be only devoted to Him. we wouldn't be healthy disciples if we didn't.

No comments: