josh














Joshua Ritchie, the big brother in the Talia family, is in the second year of pastoring a church plant at his home in the High Desert area (Victorville). He is currently working at Victorville Motors to support his family (wife, jenny and daughter, macy) and the new church.

Joshua is possibly the reason this blog even exists. His commitment and love for Christ and His Word and his relentless/contagious declaration of the Gospel is what God has used to change many hearts... including some of us Talians directly. Christ will build His church as He promised; we can't wait to see how Josh participates in God's sovereign means to His own promises.

Visit his church's blog: Free Grace Church

WE INTERUPT JOEY'S BIOGRAPHY OF JOSH TO BRING YOU JOSH'S MINI AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF...WELL, HIMSELF!

I am a great sinner, but I have a greater Savior. Because Christ is the head of the body, I have an intense love for the church. My brothers and sisters in Christ are second only to but radically connected to God. It is a joy to labor in and study God's self-revelation and preach from it each week. You could not pay me to stop preaching...and you could not pay me to start preaching. God's Word is a fire in my bones and I'd die trying to keep it in. It needs to be preached to saint and sinner alike.

I have been married for 14 years to my high school sweetheart whom I dated for 4 1/2 years. Our marriage is stronger than ever. I have a little girl who is currently six years old and as cute as can be. I have another daughter that was adopted in 1999. She is living on her own. There is a dog in our family....his name is Jack and he likes Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain (a little joke there). But he's not into Yoga and he has half a brain.

Since I am in the middle of planting a church, I've had to take seculare emloyment. I sell cars...honestly and with honesty. I like to fake the guitar...I mean play. I am a lover of hymns and any modern song that reminds me of my wretchedness and my wonderful Savior. I am always reading about six books at a time. My vice is movies....I love to watch movies.

Favorite movies: Chariots of Fire, Luther, Amazing Grace, Pee Wee's Big Adventure (what?)
Favorite authors: Albert Mohler, Steve Lawson, John Piper, John MacArthur, Mark Dever, The Puritans, J. Gresham Machen, Michael Horton
Favorite food: hot wings
Favorite smell: new car ;-)
Favorite Bible translation: The Message...only kidding. The ESV or NKJV
Favorite Podcast: The White Horse Inn and The Albert Mohler Radio Program
Favorite superhero: Spiderman
Favorite YouTube clip: right here and this one