Kammie Anten












"My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace; Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God." These are Kammie's words (via Frederick Brook) about herself. You'll hear these quotes, as well as verses and hymns from Kammie pretty often. Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks... and she is overflowing with a captivation with her Savior. Kammie is originally from the Victorville/Hesperia (desert) area of California but is now a student at the Master's College as well as a member of Grace Community Church in Los Angeles where she is involved in a ministry to the art school Cal Arts.

Favorite chapter in the Old Testament: Genesis 22

[Some] favorite Psalms: 42, 51, 62

Favorite gospel book: Luke

[Some] favorite hymns and songs: My Lord I did not choose you, Before the throne of God above, In Christ alone, Abide With Me, Great is Thy Faithfulness…

Hobbies & Interests:
being a Lakers fan
theatre arts
cooking & baking
classic old movies & music
reading, writing, and discussing
travel ANYwhere and EVERYwhere
and someday I will finally learn how to play the piano.

Where I was: Growing up in a “Christian” home and a “Christian” school, I never knew I wasn’t a Christian. By the grace of God alone was I awoken to realize that a title wouldn’t save me. The turning point for me came when I realized there was now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (Rom. 8:1) and that “it is finished” meant the saving work of Christ was completed long before I could even think about doing anything to save myself.

Where I’m at right now: I was recently speaking to a friend about the frustration and confusion of recurring sin. “Sanctification sucks sometimes,” I replied… “It just does. It goes against everything we want or feel comfortable doing.” I needed that as much as he did, and I thank the Lord for that. I have found the Christian life to be difficult. I often doubt, lack faith, fall into complacency, lack joy, and the list could go on… BUT GOD (perhaps the two most comforting words a Christian could hear) even when I was dead in my trespasses, made me alive together with Christ. For by grace have I been saved. It is simultaneously my greatest struggle and my greatest joy to seek God and glorify Him daily.