Heart Cry!

Ok, I know I’m late with my post and not on schedule but Joey can chastise me later…..I wanted to share with all of you a worship song that has been speaking to my heart recently by Hillsong called, Hosanna. This song speaks of desperation for God to move and for people’s hearts to be stirred. I love the passion in the song’s lyrics and it made me think when is the last time my heart yearned like this and broke for the things of God? This blog is full of amazing theology and intellectual topics (which is good, we need truth) but when is the last time your heart was affected by the truth; so much so that your heart burned with passion? This song calls for the burn again, that first love burn. The bridge is my favorite part, especially these four lines:

“Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks yours. Everything I am for your kingdoms cause.”

God, we want you to open up our eyes to the spiritual realities around us, often times we are so blind to what you are doing and we want to see your invisible marks on everything. God, we want to love people from a pure heart and seek them out as you have loved us first and sought us out with a passion. Lord, we want out hearts to break for the lost, the injustice in the world, for the suffering, for the deaths of saints, for your name being defamed and your glory forgotten; break our hearts over these things. We want to hate what you hate and love what you love, we want your heart. Lord, we want to give all of our lives in abandon for your kingdom, your eternal purposes; what you are doing throughout the world and in all of history. We want to give our lives to your kingdom and not our own. We want to be spent and exhausted in your service; in what pleases your heart.

Read these lyrics and let this be your heart cry!

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes
I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

[Chorus]Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest x2

I see a generationRising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith
I see a near reviva
lStirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

[Chorus]

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from earth toEternity

[Chorus] x2 Hosanna in the highest

1 comment:

joey said...

Liz,

I don't need to chastise you, Christ bore all your chastisement on the cross.

Thank you for your fervor as always. Spurring us on to fight for affection in Christ.