in God's time

matthew 16:13-17

(13)now then Jesus came into the district of caesarea philippi, He was asking His disciples, "WHO DO PEOPLE SAY THAT THE SON OF MAN IS?" (14) and they said, "some say john the baptisit, and others, elijah, but still others, jeremiah, or one of the prophtes." (15) He said to them, "BUT WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?" (16) simon peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (17) and Jesus said to him, "blessed are you, simon barjona, becuase flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

when i read this my heart feels so heavy with happiness. i am in compelte awe of my Father in heaven. that He would choose me. of all people, me. i had known God all my life. my parents taught me about Jesus through books and songs. i went to church my entire childhood. i had all the knowledge of God but i was completely without Him. it was not until God was ready that He deside to change my heart and take away my sin. and for this i am forever indebted to Him.

because of this i am compelled by the gift of the Holy Spirit to tell other people about the one and only true God. so that in time, in His time, He can open their eyes to His love, and cleans them of their sin. in turn gaining the Glory that is so due to His Name.

No comments: