For the sick

My fiancée and I always wanted to do a mid-term missions trip to India to help spread the gospel. But I could not help but have fear in my heart and second guess my desire in light of the persecutions within the last couple of months and with the recent attacks in Mumbai this week.

Well a friend who has immediate family and loved ones who do mission work in India said something convicting to me this week. He said “These events are even more evidence that the gospel needs to be spread in India!”

My heart broke that instant. I was reminded of a simple yet straightforward verse which I need constant reminder.

And Jesus answered and said to them, It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:31-32

2 comments:

joey said...

This makes me even more excited to go with the team to India in January. Hensler and I were talking and we both agreed that the only thing that we are worried about is that they might cancel the trip...

Please keep the trip in your prayers. We leave January 1st.

jeremy said...

You know what is crazy about the whole India stuation (and I don't mean this to in anyway downplay the tragedy) but a soveriegn God is preparing the way. Some look at it as a tense situation, or a dangerous situation, but in some way, somehow, beyond our human comprehension, God is making the soil fertile.