Where's The Love?

Yo, bro! How old is that picture? I know that Jeremy & Matt are laughing at it...the whole bottled water thing going on. Unbelieveable!

Anyway, on to a short post.

As a father, I have the awesome privilege of bringing my child up in the faith. Whilst only 5 years old, she is a sinner in need of a Savior. And I want her to know and treasure Christ. There's only one way to ensure that she knows Christ properly--I must teach her the Word of God.

So we have been moving through some of the main Old Testament stories. And I am making it a point to direct her to Christ regardless of where we find ourselves in Scripture. Recently we discussed the story of Joseph and how we was sold into slavery only to become a very prominent leader in Egypt.


(Not quite Joseph)

Among other things I shared with her God's promise to Abraham and how God would bless all nations through him. I reminded her that these people that had come to Joseph for food were the descendants of Abraham and God was going to bring Christ into the world through this bloodline. God was preserving his people so that Christ could come to save His people. Of course, I spoke to her in 5-year-old terms, but you get the point.

For a moment, I was tempted to title our discussion, "How to Survive a Famine,"---I kid, I kid. I say that jokingly because sometime we fail to remember that the Old Testament is not a collection of superhero stories. It's a revelation of God and how He is working out our salvation for His glory. This is what my little girl needs to hear as she is taught these sacred stories.

I pray that one day she'll come to know Christ and regard Him as the Supreme Treasure.

No comments: