darkness.



The prince of darkness.
Accuser of the brethren.
Adversary.
Beelzebub.
Belial.
the deceiver of the whole world.
the great dragon.
the enemy.
the evil one.
the father of lies.
the god of this world.
a liar.
a murderer.
the prince of the power of the air.
the ruler of this world.
the ancient serpent.
the tempter.


Ephesians 6:12

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

1 Timothy 1:18-20

"This charge I entrust to you, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith, among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme."




"And that's the way the warfare goes. Satan against God, focusing on the destruction of Christ and His work. And now he continues to fight against the work of Christ in His church. He will fight against Christ when He comes in His return. He will go on and on until finally he is bound forever in the pit of hell, the lake of fire." *




Job 1:12

Then the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him." So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.


Although Satan has power... God is sovereign.


Revelation 12:17

"So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus."


"But Satan will attack the people of God in that time as he's always attacked the people of God. Just notice verse 17, "The people who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ." So now the war has filtered...it started with God and Satan, it went down through the holy angels and the fallen angels and now it's down and it's a warfare against those who are the ones who know Jesus Christ...who keep the commandments of God." *

"And, folks, we don't see that but that's what's happening...that's what's happening. And as I said earlier, there are some people who go blissfully through their church experience as if there wasn't even a war. And I could wish that our eyes could be opened to see what's probably going on right in this room that we cannot now perceive. But it's here."

* - John MacArthur

The hymn "Am I a Soldier Of The Cross?" by Isaac Watts
(Author of "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" and "Joy To The World")

Am I a soldier of the cross?
A follower of the Lamb?
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His name?

Must I be carried to the skies,
On flowery beds of ease?
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?

Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?

Sure I must fight, if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord;
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy word.

No comments: