the battery.



So to expound on the topic of grace, i wanted to share another analogy of how I now view grace compared to how I used to view grace. I always thought of grace as a present (which it is). But that is the image that came into my mind. However more and more it is developing into much more than simply a gift. Grace is alot like a battery, giving (actually causing) me the ability to do things in which I would be unable to do on my own without it.


"Underlying this mistake is a misunderstanding of grace. Grace is not simply the leniency when we have sinned. Grace is the enabling gift of God not to sin. Grace is power, not just pardon. this is plain, for example in 1 Corinthians 15:10. Paul descibes grace as the enabling power of his work: "By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward toward me did not prove vain; but I labored harder than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God which is in me." Grace is not simply the pardon of Paul's sins, it is the power to press on in obedience."

-John Piper


It's kind of like if the energizer bunny were to say: "Wow, I have so much stamina! Energizer should be lucky to have me in their commercials. I'm thankful that they've given me this job, so in return im going to give as much energy and endurance as possible to show my gratitude!"

1 Peter 4:11


"whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies--in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. "

No comments: