God will always be there...


2 Timothy 4:16-18

16At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. 17But the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me, in order that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was delivered out of the lion's mouth. 18The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.


After Paul was deserted and abandoned by his close friends and people he ministered with, he was not bitter or resentful. Instead he was forgiving, asking that it may not be counted against them. He is able to assure Timothy that even though his mentor might be in prison and close to death, even though the church was in turmoil and combating false teachers, even though Timothy would face persecution and false teachers like Paul did, God would give him the strength, courage, and fulfill his promise of never leaving or forsaking him so that he may be able to honor and glorify his name through serving and sacrificing for Him. The Lord will protect and deliver us from every wrong, evil deed, and persecution any man could throw at us. Paul knew he was nearing the end of his life and his long and fruitful ministry serving God, and with that, he also knew that he was closer than ever to the prize that he had faithfully sacrificed and fought for his whole entire ministry.

No comments: