2007 Water ski trip

This years Water ski trip was a success. For once in my life I come back home content and happy about the worship and teaching that went on in the wilderness rather than the fun we had. Being surrounded by other christians who sincerely loved christ 24 hours a day was the most awesome thing that I've ever experienced. It was something that I had lacked since I stopped going to Friday morning prayer.

Worship was like nothing else. The songs. The band. The people. Everything was bent towards God's glory. The band provided such a awesome example of how we should worship Christ. They urged us not to sing if it wasn't sincere, that we should sing knowing what we were singing rather than just sing because everyone else was singing. The music was centered around God's attributes and the Gospel.

The teaching was deep but easy enough for us teens to understand. The first night we jumped straight in and Chris Muller taught us on God's sovereingty and the difference between being dead or alive in christ. After that, for the next couple of nights, Scott taught out of 1 thessalonians giving some elements that a true christian should possess.

being with The youth was another learning experience for me. I had never really met any other christians who were so devoted and with such love for our Lord. For about a week or two before camp, I had fallen in a spiritual slump. And I'm embarrassed to say, wasn't devoted as I should be. I pretty much just did whatever. Behaved wrongly. But being with these other students, with the other teachers, with our own church, was just so uplifting.

In only four days I learned so much on how to Love God. Even though I had been raised in the church, I felt like an unbeliever discoverung Christ and what its like to be in his family for the first time.

One thing we learned was that since God is sovereign, there are no accidents. I'm Glad that the Lord has opened my eyes to this. Everything that happens, happens for the Glory of God.

Please pray for me that I would continue to Love God the way that I have. That I would never lose sight of what Jesus has done and that I would just continue to Grow.

No comments: