blinding love.



Romans 12:1-2

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

I think living in Los Angeles has clouded my understanding of what God's will is. Im not saying that this is what Los Angeles does to everyone, but it is what has happened to me . I have lived here my whole life and now I don't want to let go - I'm in love with it. This selfishness has led to another problem - conforming to this world. I have found myself so consumed with caring for the vanity and the ideals that this world calls important. This in turn has made it hard to present my body as a living sacrifice. It makes me forget that I was bought with a price.

However, the more God reveals Himself to me, the more it transforms me. God renews my mind through the Holy Spirit. Then the cloudiness of the world/self begin to dissipate and God's will becomes more clear. This is what I long for. This is what wish would last forever... Seeing God's will - His perfect will.

No comments: