The Battle With Sin.



Some have battled with sin in their blatant outward rebellion against God.

I struggle with quite the opposite.. Spurgeon describes it best.

[A cake not turned is soon burnt on the side nearest the fire, and although no man can have too much religion, there are some who seem burnt black with bigoted zeal for that part of truth which they have received, or are charred to a cinder with a vainglorious Pharisaic ostentation of those religious performances which suit their humour. The assumed appearance of superior sanctity frequently accompanies a total absence of all vital godliness.]


My pastor--{Mark Lauterbach] is so good to us to remind us of the danger of putting on an attitude of self righteousness/pride that resembles the Pharisee's...i felt most guilty of that this weekend during my baby sister's wedding weekend.

God in his gentle and loving ways, reminded me of graces so specific and so fresh.

Praise Him I am not left in my sin, Amen?

Photo Credit: Carissa Gallo

1 comment:

joey said...

AMEN!

Thanks J MO!