Behold! All Things Have Become New.



John 8:12

"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

2 Corinthians 5:17

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

Colossians 1:13-14

" For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Today is my birthday. I was born 31 years ago. However, there is a day that far surpasses the importance of this day. It is my spiritual birthday - April 7, 2007. The day that Jesus plucked me out of the kingdom of darkness and placed me into the kingdom of light.

Since then, everything has changed. A sudden distaste for sin. An unnatural longing for Him and His word. While before, I was attempting to tie on plastic fruit to my barren branches. Now - out came natural, plump, juice-filled fruits of the spirit. It was a whole new world.

I now know what "To live is Christ" means.
I now know what "Your lovingkindness is better than life" means.
I now know what "In your presence is fullness of joy" means.

1 comment:

Naiesha said...

Rejoicing with you! Praising God for your life and your NEW life in Christ Jesus!