Take a Stand!


In Exodus chapter 1 Hebrew midwives took a stand against Pharaoh. When Pharaoh commanded the midwives to kill every son that was born scripture says that the midwives feared God and let the babies live. Verse 27 says,” And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families.” Fast forward to present day Christianity and we are still called to take a stand like the Hebrew midwives. The mass genocide of unborn children is in effect. We can riot, we can complain about the evils of this world, we can lament Roe vs. Wade or we can take action. I chose the later option and started training as a volunteer counselor in September at True Life Women’s Center. True Life Women’s center is a support and care center for women. The center seeks to aid and counsel women in a way that will minister to the area of life where they need it most, while catering to the woman’s specific situation.


Now that my training is over I have been an educator/counselor for the past 2 months. God has given me many opportunities to counsel women in various circumstances, pray with them, and even share about the grace found in Christ’s work on the cross. Not only is God using me to plant seeds in the hearts of these women but he is planting seeds of love, grace and compassion in my heart. Interaction with every woman has made my heart pound for the lost, and Christ continually fills me with his love and grace with each encounter. I am reminded every week of how Christ spent his years living on earth; he came to forget himself and be lost in others; pouring out every facet of his life, his strength, his intellect, his power, his touch, his healing, his forgiveness. Jesus was the hands and feet of grace for those who did not deserve such grace. I want to transplant his hands and feet to my life and love those who are in sin, though they waste their lives, they murder their babies, they disobey God’s commandments. The only difference between them and me is grace. I want to gently lead these spiritually blind and deaf women to the cross of Christ where they can receive the same grace that I have been given.


One of my counseling sessions was with a woman who was considering an abortion. After our conversation she seemed to slow down in her thoughts and appreciate what I shared with her, she said, “I have never thought about that before.” The pregnancy test was positive and I gave her educational material as she ran out the door. I felt like a bowling ball had been dropped into the pit of my stomach, tears clung to my eyes and I knew she was going to do it; she was going to kill her 5 week old child. I knew right then that I couldn’t stop women from killing; I couldn’t shut down the abortion clinics; I couldn’t force the law to change. All I could do was stare evil right in the face and lift up the shining light of the cross. I had to trust the God who stayed enthroned during the flood of Noah and the hard heart of Pharaoh. I called that woman 5 days after and asked her what choice she had made and how she was doing; she had had the abortion.


Even if the battle seems hopeless and it looks like we might lose we are still called to fight; to pick up the sword of truth and wield it. The church has always been called to dark and evil times. Laws like Roe vs. Wade are passed not so that we can question God’s sovereignty or complain about the evil of mankind, but so that the Church might come together and rise up. There is an old Chinese Proverb that says, “It is better to light one candle than it is to curse the darkness.” Let’s take a stand like the Hebrew midwives and shine into the darkness, instead of running from it.

I recently sent out an email asking for sponsors, here it is, and if anyone is interested please email me back at Lizzyliz101@gmail.com or respond to this post with your address, number, name and pledge amount:


Hello All!

I have been volunteering at a crisis pregnancy center for roughly 6 months. The center is called True Life Women's Choice and I have offered to be a walk captain for their yearly Walk for Life campaign at Lake Eola. I will be walking around Lake Eola Saturday, March, 28th at 9:00 AM but I need people to sponsor me. My goal is to get at least 10 sponsors to pledge an estimated amount of $25. If you would like more information about the center you can go to their website:




and you can also read my testimony that is attached in a word document. If you are interested in sponsoring me and giving money to this ministry please email me back with your name, address, and phone number as well as the amount you are pledging. TLC women's center will then bill you the amount you pledged. If your pledges are $10 or under you must give them to me. Thank you so much for considering me and this ministry.

Liz Oleck :)

1 comment:

Naiesha said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I was so encouraged to read your post. I know how you feel when women still go for abortion! Been through a similar incidence with a friend of mine with whom I pleaded much that she would not abort her 22 weeks old baby. But still she went ahead with it...

I was so upset....and she was very angry with me that I did not support her decision....This happened few months back...

Will be praying for you much....I am encouraged to know that there are faithful women like you who take a stand for such a cause...

God bless!!
Naiesha....