Hello fellow Talians

Today is Feb. 2 and happens to be my cousin Joey's birthday.  I want to say happy birthday to you Joey and I love you man.  This post is going to be a little different just because as I think about Joey today on his birthday, I am reminded of Proverbs 27:17-"Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another."  The footnote in the MacArthur study bible on this verse says, "The benefits of intellectual and theological discussion encourage joy through a keener mind and the improvement of good character which the face will reveal."  I have been blessed to have this type of relationship with my cousin as well as many other fellow believers in my life and if we stop and think about it, we should be so grateful that the Lord has provided us and surrounded us with fellow believers that will sharpen us and encourage us and spur us on to love/cherish Christ and His work on the cross.  Sometimes I take this God-given fellowship I have for granted but I realize that the times I engage in discussions where that sharpening takes place, I walk away extremely encouraged and grateful that the Lord has placed these individuals in my life.  I hope we remember this blessing of fellowship and spiritual conversations from God and do not disregard what He has provided.    

2 comments:

Joshua Ritchie said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry that I didn't know. How old are you now...29?

joey said...

30