the God-centeredness of God.



It's easy as human beings to fall into the trap of attempting to make God man-centered. But thankfully God sets us straight and lets us know what focus has always been and will always be. Here are just a few verses that I looked up... There are plenty more throughout scripture...



Isaiah 43:25

"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake"

Exodus 9:16

(to pharoah)

"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."

Exodus 33:19

(to moses)

"And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Psalm 106:8

"Yet he saved them for his name’s sake, that he might make known his mighty power."

Isaiah 42:8

"I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.'

Isaiah 43:7

"everyone who is called by my name,whom I created for my glory,whom I formed and made."

Isaiah 48:9

"For my name’s sake I defer my anger,for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you,that I may not cut you off.

Ezekiel 20:44

"And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name’s sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel, declares the Lord GOD."

Romans 1:5

"Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith."

Romans 3:24-26

"and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 9:11-22

"Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God's purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, "The older will serve the younger." Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory"

Ephesians 1:4-6

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace."

1 John 2:12

"I am writing to you, little children,because your sins are forgiven for his name’s sake."

Revelation 4:11

"Worthy are you, our Lord and God,to receive glory and honor and power,for you created all things,and by your will they existed and were created."

Revelation 5:12

"saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!"

No comments: