Everyday

So here I am in Hawaii on vacation. Praise God for his faithfulness, and his grace, allowing me to be in this beautiful place. And I went to a worship service while here. This morning.

We were singing the song "Everyday"

Let me bust an Ernesto and post the lyrics.

What to say Lord
It's You who gave me life and I
Can't explain just how
Much You mean to me now that
You have saved me Lord
I give all that I am to You
That everyday I can
Be a light that shines Your name

Everyday Lord I'll
Learn to stand upon Your word
And I pray that I
That I might come to know You more
That You would guide me
In every single step I take
That everyday I can
Be Your light unto the world

Everyday, It's You I'll live for
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You my Lord

It's You I live for everyday
It's You I live for everyday
It's You I live for everyday

Ok now that the melody is in your mind...
I remember having a conversation with Baltasar about this song. We said that our mind would replace a few letters in this song, causing it to have a different meaning.

The chorus says
Everyday, I'll follow after You
Everyday, I'll walk with You my Lord

But, on occasion, BJ and I had accidentally said
Everyday, I'll wallow after you.

Quite a different message. Wallow means to luxuriate or revel in something. Even dictionary.com's example of the word is "wallow in self righteousness"

Man that got me thinking. Isn't that how we live sometimes? We wallow in our faith! We act like we are better than everyone else because we have found Jesus.

Sorry my friends. Jesus has found us. And it was not on our own. It was a gift from God. Not of our works, that way nobody can wallow!

Of course that is a paraphrase of a popular verse, but its still true! Don't wallow after God. Follow Him.

No comments: