Prone To Wander, Lord I Feel It...

It's interesting how much of the day can go by in the monotony of life and not have a single thought about Christ or His work. Often I will cling to the cross in reliance, knowing that every step of obedience is a result of the cross. However I somehow will manage to sleepwalk away from the cross and then wake up only to find myself miles away from it.

I decided to set an alarm clock to wake myself up from this sleepwalking tendency. For some reason I happen to coincidentally look at the clock or an address or a receipt where there is a repeating number - very often. For example: 3:33pm, 222 San Jose Ave, $7.77, etc. I seem to see this about 3-5 times a day. Since it happens so often I decided to use it. Each time I see a repeating digit, I will thank God for an aspect of the gospel.

For example:

"Thank you Father, that because of the gospel, you have adopted me."
"Thank you Jesus for fully relying on the Father's will on my behalf."
"Lord, I am thankful that because of the gospel, this earth will be made new."
"Thank you God for vindicating your glory through the gospel."

It has been a blessing lately. I get excited dwell on these realities at random times unexpectedly throughout the day.

3 comments:

daniel said...

I know what you mean about sleepwalking away, it seems like there are increasingly more distractions every day.

Alyssa said...

Love it, Joey.

I'm going to give it a shot.

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.