i hear the words of love


I hear the words of love,
I gaze upon the blood,
I see the mighty sacrifice,
And I have peace with God.

’Tis everlasting peace,
Sure as Jehovah’s Name;
’Tis stable as His steadfast throne,
For evermore the same.

The clouds may go and come,
And storms may sweep my sky;
This blood-sealed friendship changes not,
The cross is ever nigh.

I change—He changes not;
The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting-place;
His truth, not mine, the tie.

My love is oftimes low,
My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same,
No change Jehovah knows.

_h.bonar

4 comments:

Brent Fischer said...

i love it. anything by horatius bonar is pure gold. his little book called "Words to Soul Winners" is one of the most powerful books on ministerial work i've ever read. And his hymns are some of the best ever written in my opinion.

hannah joy said...

:)

Hannah Joy Ledwell said...

hmmmm...someone else has my name

joey said...

Cool! Hannah Ledwell reads our blog!!! I'm honored!