Dwelling on Gospel Truth

[an excerpt from a I.M. conversation that I had with Andrea's husband, Mike]

Michael: I was studying for the sermon this week and something struck me about the greatness of the gospel, so I want to share it with you

Joey: RAD. Let's hear it!

Michael: heb. 6:10 - God is not unjust so as to forget your work and love which you have shown toward his name.
What strikes me is God will not remember any of my sins, but will remember and reward the work that I have for His name sake. That is grace. Underserved blessing.
Sent at 12:25 PM on Wednesday

Joey: That's incredible. I have to dwell on that truth today.

Michael: Just imagine if God said, "I am going to weigh your bad deeds against your good and bless you accordingly"?
there would be fear, not toward God, but of doing more good then bad
but now, that my sin has been forgotten in Christ, I have freedom to serve Him for His glory
Ps. 130:4, there is forgiveness with you that YOU should be feared

1 comment:

brittany said...

aaaaamen!

i love that. we are FREE to obey.

that was such a helpful truth for me to read today.
thanks joey.