The Majestic Ones







Psalm 16:2-3

"I said to the LORD, 'You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You.'
As for the saints who are in the earth,
They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight."

That passage is interesting. Somehow, our delight is fully in God... YET "all" our delight is in our
brothers and sisters in Christ. What a beautiful dichotomy! There is a correlation between the two.
When the first is true - God is our ONLY good, then the second will ALSO be true - all our delight
will be in the saints.

I love the word that is used to describe the saints - "the MAJESTIC ones."

That is so true. When I'm with the fellowship at church (which is everyday) the conversation naturally and effortlessly flows toward Christ. They stir my affection for Him. They cause me to long to submit to my King. They show me my need to cling to Him as my only Righteousness.

My church family are truly the majestic ones. They are an indescribable gift from God.

Photo Credit: Jenny James

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

Yeah! The saints are the majestic ones!! Praising God for my brothers and sisters...ONE big family of God!!! Heaven- a glorious place-worshiping/praising Our Great God with our fellow saints-"Majestic Ones" :D

Joshua Ritchie said...

Christ's church is truly an amazing thing to ponder. Although we sin, God's plan is still to use us to display His glory and to carry out the proclamation of His glory. We are a royal priesthood...unbelievable! We are saints...now way! But it's all by the gracious gifts of Christ.