Meet Chelsea Kauflin. Pt. 3











talia: So tell us what you do.

chelsea: i work for my dad at Sovereign Grace Ministries, and LOVE it. it has been such an awesome thing receiving emails and talking to people all over about how my dad and Sovereign Grace Ministries has impacted their lives. it has only made me more grateful for Sovereign Grace and the work that they're doing.

talia: Since you come from a musical family, do you play any instruments, sing or write music?

chelsea: yes, i get this question asked all the time. i am from a musical family and i do not play anything. i have tried playing violin, guitar, and piano, but never liked it enough to practice every day. i do sing, but not nearly as much as i used to. writing...not so much. though i have tried numerous times to go up to my room and start to write a song...i guess the writing genes just skipped me? most everyone in my family writes music. i am the unique one.

[Chelsea is being modest. she didn't mention this, but she is featured on the upcoming Sovereign Grace Kids worship CD "To Be Like Jesus" coming out soon. We heard a couple tracks, and it's awesome. Better than the first one.]

talia: What's your favorite hymn?

chelsea: one of my favorite hymns is "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" i can't stop listening to it:

Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.


such a good reminder to me that i am so prone to wander, no matter how strong i think i am. my prayer is that i would not lose sight of this and be ever leaning on grace to fight this battle.

"My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less" is another favorite. the whole song from vs. 1 stating where my hope is, from vs 2. reminding me that i should never doubt when darkness comes because his grace for me is the same, and to be reminded to look back at all the times he has been faithful, vs. 3 even when times are hard, his promises to me never change. even though it might not be the way that i think is best, he does. from vs. 4 my prayer, that i would always be found in him, never straying but building my life in him.

"In Christ Alone" is a good one as well.

Thank you Chelsea! Your testimony is a blessing to us.

[Chelsea will be working the Sovereign Grace Music table at the Resolved Conference 2009 in Palm Springs]

2 comments:

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob Kauflin said...

As Chelsea's dad, I can only say that it's a joy to have her as my assistant! She serves with faithfulness, joy, excellence, initiative, and humility. We laugh a lot, too. It's evidence of God's grace that she enjoys working with me!