Meet Chelsea Kauflin. Pt 2










talia:  During that time of reading, praying, and talking to your parents after you had been let go from ministry and work at the church, what were some books or passages of scripture that God used to turn you around.

chelsea:  the book that impacted my life the most is Disciplines of Grace by Jerry Bridges. this book helped me realize just how desperate i am in need of God and his grace on my life. this book really humbled me and made me more aware of how i cannot do anything in my own strength. also, the book of psalms, proverbs, and james, were books that i really meditated on. the truth of those books was just what i needed and continually need to hear.

talia:  What robs you of your satisfaction in Christ most? How do you fight for that satisfaction?

chelsea:  my eyes have always been drawn to things of this world. i can constantly feel the pull from the world thinking that if i buy this, or if i'm with this person...i will be happy. these temptations jump at me most when i am going through times of diversity. when i am not trusting in God's promises for me, i can often feel like God really doesn't have my best interest at heart (ps 84:11), and he will never give me what i really want. during these times, i seek things that i believe will make me happy. God is always showing me that i can only find complete satisfaction in him after i believe the lies that my flesh tell me. and by God's grace, i hope to reach the point when i'm not giving into the lies, but instead, resting on the promises that the Lord has given his children.

talia:  What excites you most about the gospel?

chelsea:  well, the more and more i see my sin, the more glorious the gospel appears. this means that by God's grace, i will only be more and more amazed by the gospel. i can come to God as a filthy sinner and yet be seen as someone who is clean. and not only me, my friends and family have all been cleansed of their sin as well. and if we have all been saved by grace, so can many other people. there is nothing that i need to do to prove myself worthy since it has already been done for me on the cross. what a releasing thought.

talia:  What is your life mission?

chelsea:  my life mission, is really to "live a life worthy of the calling i have received" (eph 4). i want everyone that knows me to know who i live for. i want people to be drawn to Christ by the way they see me living. i want my eyes to be taken off myself and what i need and turned to all the people that God has placed around me. i hope to be a woman that "does good all the days of her life" (prov. 31) not for my good, but for God's glory.

[stay tuned for the conclusion of "Meet Chelsea Kauflin"]



No comments: