why pray?



Hebrews 4:16

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Psalm 27:7
"Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me."

"You say, “Well what is the point in talking to God like that? I mean, if you know God is sovereign and you know God is all wise and all powerful and all knowing and has purposed everything from the beginning to the end and all the way through the middle, what in the world is the point of praying?” And the answer is because God has not only ordained the end, He has ordained the means to the end. And I don’t know about you but I’d rather be a part of God’s means than anything else."

-John MacArthur

1 comment:

brittany said...

so good. this reminds me of a message jeff purswell gave on the same subject. it totally transformed my understanding and practice of prayer when i heard it.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671717-Prayer_for_Understanding_of_Gods_Mysterious_Blessings