The Lord Is Good

In the midst of uncertainty, there is one certain thing. The Lord is good!

Even if my health completely failed...
Even if I lost all my worldly goods...
Even if I had no friends...
Even if I had to suffer the loss of my family...
Even if I had to move again...
Even if I didn't know where my next meal would come from...
Even if I suffered for being a Christian...
Even if I don't feel like acknowledging it...

My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is good. Not because my circumstances are good or rotten, but because He is intrinsically good. It is an attributes that belongs to Him. His goodness is not based on my circumstances or even my ability to perceive His goodness. He is good simply because He is good.

I just wanted to say that because I need to preach to myself. God knows that when difficulties arise, I have been known to doubt the goodness of God. This message serves as a reminder to myself that my sin of doubt and disbelief is just another example of God's goodness to me in that He is patient with my disbelief. In other words, He allows me to sin in disbelief so that I may praise Him even more for His faithfulness to me. I have learned that God does not yet completely sanctify me and He does even this for His glory. In eternity I will see how I sinned as His child and say, "God, you put up with me for so long! I praise you for that."

The Lord is good!

No comments: