High Crimes...High Stakes


I’m not letting the sun set down on my anger . NOPE! I’m staying up all night and planning my revenge.

Well….that’s not really how it should go.

Ministry is exhausting. Pouring your life into other people is often tiresome, confusing, and painful. They don’t always do what they say, they’re stubborn, and on occasion make an uncalled backhanded comment. That’s because people are sinful. My friends are sinful. My family is sinful. Yes…even my brothers and sisters in Christ have an old sin nature. And what makes it worse is that …I myself am sinful.

Hurting each other (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) is inevitable due to sin. Christians are by definition forgiven sinners. That’s why one of the most Christ like thing we as humans can do is to forgive each other.

In fact this is a command;

But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions. Mark 11:26

As a Christian, forgiveness should be "easier" because it came at such a high price

Holding grudges against people is detrimental to the fellowship of the body. On top of that, holding grudges quenches the Spirit and is harmful to your sanctification.

Calculating what you will and will not tolerate is exhausting. Your mind is always occupied by the sinful thoughts, you start rationalizing your sin, and it sets its presence in your heart. Overtime your heart condition will shape you negatively as a person and rob you of the joy you have in Christ Jesus.

The more time you spend being bitter towards someone the more ground you will yield to the fruit of hate, anger, and strife which in time will shape you as a person.

No comments: