Focus: A testimony

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Recently I gave a profound something up to God, that, in my own selfish way, was beginning to define me. Before I gave this thing up, I prayed, read scripture and sought good advice in order to gain the knowledge and strength to remove myself from the sin that was consuming me and pulling me farther and farther from God's love and law. My prayers in the deepest, hardest times were that God would remove the sin; that God would pull me away from the transgression that was replacing Him in my life. I knew the only way for me to stop sinning was to beg God to change me, then and only then could I walk away from it in obedience. This is my testimony, God removed, or rather diverted my attention away from the world and my chosen sin.I fell into a deeper love with God. That is obedience; We are believing and walking through sin, in spite of it. We as believers can not take ourselves away from the world, nor should we become apathetic toward it. We have been given a gift of truth, perspective and knowledge, that when applied should act as filters...not blinders.

No comments: